Saturday 14 October 2017

Wild flower meadow ATC

Today we are welcoming the super talented Georgina Ford to the blog! We love the projects we'll be sharing over the weekend, we hope you do too! Over to Georgina.........

Hopefully you have already seen the November edition of Craft Stamper magazine. So many lovely and inspirational project in there, as usual! I have a project in there for the 3D Challenge. The stamp set I used was the pretty Wild Flowers from Craftwork Cards. I enjoyed using the stamp set so much I wanted to play more! So this month I have two blog posts to share with you with more ideas and inspiration for using the stamp set.

For my first project I have used the stamps with That's Crafty! Surfaces ATC Stack. This ATC is fun to make as the acrylic pieces create the layered effect and there lends itself to creating a meadow of flower. This is my finished piece, below. But how did I make it? Read on to find out!


To create the ATC I started by adding a layer of Bora Bora PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint to the mdf back piece with Cut'n'Dry foam. Around the edges I added Inky Pool PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint, as shown below. 


On the next two layers of acrylic I added Tinned Peas, Guacamole and Winter Green PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint to create a grass effect. I added paint to both the front and back of the acrylic.


Once these three layers were dry I started to use the lovely Wild Flowers stamp set to create my meadow. I stamped directly onto the layers with Jet Black, Potting Soil and Fern Green Archival ink pads. With such a variety of flower stamps and stems is fun and easy to create the meadow effect.


A close-up of the three stamped layer...



Next I moved onto creating more flower and grasses but this time I stamped onto heat proof acetate. I used the acetate so I could stamp a selections and then move them about to create the best display possible. I also used acetate for the 3D magazine Challenge and I wanted to take inspiration from this project. I stamped onto the acetate with a VersaMark ink pad and then heat embossed the images using WOW! Embossing powders in Earthstone Olive, Primary Evergreen, Primary Ebony and Metallic Copper.  


To the flowerheads I added dots of Imagination Crafts Starlights paint. I used Pearl, White Gold and Topaz paint. I used an end of a paint brush to add the paint.

A close-up of the layers...


To finish I stamped little flowers onto painted paper I had left over from my 3D Challenge piece. I cut out the flowers and added them to the top layer. I used an end of a paint brush again to add White Gold Starlights paint to the centres, as shown below.


Once the layers are dry I placed them on top of each other and attached the screws and nuts through the corner holes.

My finished piece... a pretty wild flower meadow, wouldn't you agree?



Thank you so much Georgina!
See you all tomorrow for some stunning cards!

There are various ways to get yourself a copy of the magazine, subscriptions are available from www.craftstamper.com, www.mags-uk.com for single print copies and digital copies from www.pocketmags.co.uk. Overseas subscriptions are also available.

6 comments:

  1. Definitely a pretty wildflower meadow, I love how you built up those wonderful layers! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, love the layers. Creative Blessings, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. really beautiful, Georgina!! I love the scene, and how you built up all these great layers, fantastic. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ADORE this! Besides being so beautiful, it makes me think of Tom Petty's song Wildflowers- very special
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete